Vice-Head of the Department for Research
Birthdate: August 23th1972
Birthplace: Osijek, Croatia
Teaching: Mathematical Methods in Chemistry
Office Hours: Monday 10 - 12 a.m.
- Sol-gel functional materials;
- Chemical sensors
- Multiferroic materials
- Catalytic materials
- Structural characterization: electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction
- DFT study of novel compounds
- Magnetic study
- PhD– Natural Sciences, field: Physics, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Zagreb, Croatia (2003)
- The graduate Diploma in Physics (Dipl. ing.), University of Zagreb, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Zagreb, Croatia (1997)
- Highlighted publications:
- Igor Djerdj, Jasminka Popović, Jernej Stare, Gabriela Ambrožić, Srečo D. Škapin, Bojan Kozlevčar, Damir Pajić, Zvonko Jagličić, and Zorica Crnjak Orel, Nanocrystalline hybrid inorganic-organic one-dimensional chain system tailored with 2 and 3-phenyl rings monocarboxylic acids, J. Mater. Chem. 22 (2012), 20; 10255 – 10265.
- Igor Djerdj, Zvonko Jagličić, Denis Arčon, Markus Niederberger, Co-Doped ZnO nanoparticles: Minireview, Nanoscale 2 (2010), 7; 1096-1104.
- Igor Djerdj, Minhua Cao, Xavier Rocquefelte, Radovan Černý, Zvonko Jagličić, Denis Arčon, Anton Potočnik, Fabia Gozzo, Markus Niederberger, Structural Characterization of a Nanocrystalline Inorganic-Organic Hybrid with Fiber-Like Morphology and One-Dimensional Antiferromagnetic Properties, Chem. Mater, 21 (2009) 3356-3369.
- Igor Djerdj, Denis Sheptyakov, Fabia Gozzo, Denis Arčon, Reinhard Nesper, Markus Niederberger, Oxygen Self-Doping in Hollandite-Type Vanadium Oxyhydroxide Nanorods, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130 (2008), 11364-11375.
- Igor Djerdj, Denis Arčon, Zvonko Jagličić, Markus Niederberger, Nonaqueous Synthesis of Manganese Oxide Nanoparticles, Structural Characterization and Magnetic Properties, J. Phys. Chem. C 111 (2007), 9; 3614-3623.
- Other publications: https://bib.irb.hr/lista-radova?autor=225002
- “Thin Films of Silicon Alloys Near the Transition Between Amorphous and Crystalline State” – Project Associate/Researcher since 07. 05. 2008.
- “The Structure and the Properties of Special Nanomaterials Produced by the Novel Methods”– Project Associate/Researcher (2007. – 2008.).
- Microstructural Investigations of the Potentially Applicable Novel Materials – Project Associate/PhD Student (2002. – 2007.).
- “Structural Investigations of Nanocrystalline Materials” – Project Associate/PhD Student (1998. – 2002.).
- Schwerpunktprogramm “Nanodrähte und Nanoröhren”- Project Associate/Researcher (2005.-2006.) funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- “Development of Concepts for the Size- and Shape-Controlled Synthesis of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles in Surfactant-Free Reaction Systems”- Project Associate/Researcher (2007.-2009.) funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- “Synthesis and characterization of novel metal oxides in ionic liquids”- Project Leader (2011.-2012.) funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia- DAAD, Germany.
- “Structural characterization of novel complex materials for broad applications”- Project Leader (2011.-2012.) funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia- Ministry of Science and Education of Montenegro.
- “Structural characterization of novel doped metal oxide nanoparticles“- Project Leader (2011.-2012.) funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia- Ministry of Science and Technological Development of Serbia.
- “Nano – structural materials for thin film solar cells”- Project Associate/Researcher (2010.- 2011.) funded by Unity through Knowledge Fund (UKF).
- „Novel inorganic-organic hybrid materials: elucidation of the crystal structure using the combination of powder X-ray diffraction and DFT geometry optimization“ – Project Leader (2013.-2014.) funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia – COGITO (France).
- „Multifunctional complex metal tellurates: Structure-property relationship study“- Project Leader (2013.-) funded by Unity through Knowledge Fund (UKF). The grant amounts to 200.000 €.
- „Metal-Hydride Organic Frameworks (HOF)-new solids for gas adsorption and separation“-Project Leader (Croatian team) (2014.-2017.) funded by Swiss National Science Foundation. The grant amounts to 240.000 CHF.
- „Effective modulation of ZnO band gap and the modulation mechanism study (ZnO band gap study)“- Project Leader (Scientist in charge) (2014.-2016.)- Newfelpro incoming scheme.
- „Synthesis and characterization of sol-gel derived TiO2 nanostructures with enhanced electric conductivity“- Project Leader (2014.-2015.) / MZOS- DAAD.
- „Towards a new design paradigm for magnetoresistive materials with electrostatically tunable magnetic properties“- Project Leader (2015.-2016.) / MZOS- DAAD.
- „Nonconventional multiferroics“- Project Leader (2014.-2015.)/ MZOS- ARRS (Slovenija).
Reviewer for various agencies and international journals: NSF, Austrian Science Fund, Czech Science Foundation, National Research Council (Romania), Crystal Growth & Design, Chemistry of Materials, Chemistry- A European Journal, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Dalton Transactions, Crystal Engineering Communications, Nanoscale, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Langmuir